1 Attachment Tips For Using Daily Hair Wear Systems
In case you are using hair wear systems that need to be replaced once every week or even on daily basis then you can follow the guidelines provided in this article.
- Before using it you need to ensure that you have cleaned your hair and scalp perfectly.
- If the hair system has a polyurethane surface then you can make use of white liner adhesive tape. This will provide you with much better result and the best part is that it can easily be replaced at your convenience.
- You can also make use of liquid type adhesive in case you want to avoid replacing the toupee tape very often. You can coat it with a thin layer before placing it on your scalp.
- You can follow the instructions provided by us every time you want to use the hair replacement system.
2 If you wear a lace hair replacement system.
Wearing a lace front or full lace hairpiece makes the hair system look more natural. However, the key to daily wear is to always keep the toupee tape attached to the unit and not to your scalp. This will prevent irritation when taking your hair system off.
- Avoid using clear white-liner toupee tape for attaching lace surfaces. Because of the mesh material, there isn't enough surface space for the hair system to bond properly and the clear white-liner tape will not have enough tack to provide a strong hold.
- Instead of applying clear white-liner tape, we recommend this side to base tapeand Breathable Lace Front Support tape for attaching lace frontals. These tapes supply more tack than clear white-liner tapes. Nonetheless, you need to properly remove the hair system so it doesn't tear.
- When removing a lace front hair or full lace system for daily wear, peel the back first, removing the front last. Use your thumbnail to go under the hairpiece attachment tape. Place your index finger on top of the system and peel the tape off your scalp, along with your system.
- When removing a lace hair system for cleaning, we highly suggest spraying on adhesive remover on the top of the hair thoroughly before attempting removal. This will help release the hairpiece tape from the lace material, preventing damage to the scalp and to the system. Keep in mind, you must clean the system after removing it if you are to reapply it later.
- Airborne particles will attach itself to the adhesive and may become visible over time. The best times to clean the area and the system is immediately after a shower because the adhesive is pliable. Spray a liberal amount of Adjust A-Bond on the tip of a double-folded white, unscented tissue. Hold your hair system back with one hand and wipe the edge of the lace, using the saturated tissue with the other hand. This trick will help keep your lace front edges invisible at all times.